If you see a charge you don’t recognize and think it may be fraud, learn more below.
Charge Errors: a charge error is a transaction you recognized but appears to be incorrect, such as:
- A product or service you never received or receive late
- A charge higher than the amount on your receipt
- A recurring charge or subscription you canceled
- A one-time purchase you returned or canceled, but still have not received the credit.
- The card was charged more than once for the same transactions
Fraudulent Charge: a fraudulent charge is a transaction that was not made by you or anyone authorized to use your card, such as:
- You did not let anyone use your card
- You have reviewed the transaction details keeping in mind some merchants use a different name or address for billing purposes and still do not recognize it
If your card is lost or stolen, freeze your card immediately.