No, the payments for the new student loan needs to start a month after disbursement. This payment includes both principal and interest. The main goal of the new student loan is to help international students settle down and build a credit history. The most common use of loans is for tuition fees, rental deposits, living expenses, buying a car, buying a laptop etc.
Articles in this section
- I need a student loan bigger than $5,000. Is it possible to be approved for a bigger loan?
- I am a student and currently working part-time on campus. Am I eligible to get a personal loan?
- I don't see my school or major listed, am I still eligible to apply?
- Can you send me a list of schools that you finance?
- Why doesn’t Stilt provide loans to students greater than $5,000?
- I am in my last semester and have a full time job offer, what is the maximum amount I can get?
- Is taking a loan from Stilt affect my chances of staying in the U.S.?
- I recently got accepted to a U.S. university for my master’s degree, am I eligible for the personal loan?
- Refinancing student loans is only 5% for U.S. citizens, why is it so high for international students?
- I am a student and not working full time with a company outside the campus. Am I eligible to get a personal loan?