1 comment

  • Avatar
    Edmundo Daco Jr.

    Yes, you can get another OPT for your Master’s even if you have used OPT for your Bachelor’s Degree Studies. In fact, F-1 visa holders can apply for OPT for every level of education taken in US Colleges or Universities. That means you can get another OPT during your Ph.D. studies if you decide to study further.

    However, if you decide to take another Master’s degree but in a different field, you can only use the remaining months from the 12-month OPT validity for that level. For example, you studied Master in Computer Science and worked on OPT for 8 months. Then you decided to take MBA and apply again for OPT after completion of the degree. This time, you can only work on OPT for 4 months since you already completed 8 months.

    You can only extend this OPT validity if you are eligible for STEM OPT. As of March 11, 2016, F-1 students with STEM OPT can apply for an extension of up to 24 months.

    Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.