1 comment

  • Avatar
    Stilt Team

    As you think about going for higher education in the U.S., you should clear a goal in your mind about why you want to do a Masters.

    The paths you choose and things to keep in mind will depend highly on that.

    For e.g. if you are going for a Masters to just learn and don't expect to work later, you don't really have to change your visa status from H-4 to F-1, but if you plan to work later, F-1 is a better visa bet.

    Also, if your spouse already has I-140 approved, then you can even work during school.

    Like any international student, you will need to manage time during your Masters. You will have additional responsibilities (if you also have kids), so make sure to have enough time for school.

    You will also build a different friend circle than your spouse's and that will help you stay independent. This will add a new dimension to your life. It could be a good idea to make an effort towards building these relationships. Many of these people will continue to live in the U.S. and stay your friends for a long time.

    About Stilt:

    Stilt provides loans to international students and working professionals in the U.S. (F-1, OPT, H-1B, O-1, L-1, TN visa holders) at rates lower than any other lender. Stilt is committed to helping immigrants build a better financial future.

    We take a holistic underwriting approach to determine your interest rates and make sure you get the lowest rate possible.

    Learn more about us on Wikipedia or visit us at If you have any questions, send us an email at

    Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.