1 comment

  • Avatar
    Stilt Team

    H-4 visa holders aren't allowed to have SSN if their spouse doesn't have I-140 approved. If you don't have an SSN, you need an Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) number to file taxes on H-4.

    To get an ITIN number, you need to file form W7. It's available on the IRS website -

    You will be filing as a dependent of H-1B visa holder. You need to file Form 1040, Form1040A, and Form 1040EZ.

    Make sure you keep a copy of these forms for your records. It may come in handy later.

    About Stilt:

    Stilt provides loans to international students and working professionals in the U.S. (F-1, OPT, H-1B, O-1, L-1, TN visa holders) at rates lower than any other lender. Stilt is committed to helping immigrants build a better financial future.

    We take a holistic underwriting approach to determine your interest rates and make sure you get the lowest rate possible.

    Learn more about us on Wikipedia or visit us at If you have any questions, send us an email at


    Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.