1 comment

  • Avatar
    Edmundo Daco Jr.

    There a some ways that F-1 visa holders can build a credit history, but the easiest way is probably to be an authorized user of someone's credit card. You can ask a family member, a relative, or anyone you know in the US to help you with this. By being an authorized user, you will be recognized by the credit bureaus and start building credit. Every time you use the credit card, both you and the owner will earn credit scores. You must, however, always pay on time because if you don't, both you and the owner will also lose credit scores.

    As an alternative, you can apply for a secured credit card. It is a type of credit card that needs a deposit from you as collateral to the line of credit. Some banks give out secured credit cards even without credit because of the collateral. Your credit limit will be around 50%-100% of your security deposit.

    Note: This is not a legal advice.

    Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.