1 comment

  • Avatar
    Edmundo Daco Jr.

    Yes, you can continue working on OPT while applying for a green card as long as the OPT is still valid. As a matter of fact, it is much better to ask your OPT employer to petition a green card application for you while you are still on OPT. Once the 12 months or 36 months (for STEM students) is over, you longer have any reasons to stay in the US. The only available options you have are to get an H-1B visa, get another F-1 visa for Masters’ or Ph.D., or get a green card. It is difficult to get an H-1B visa because of the many applications and it is very costly to pursue higher studies. The best thing to do is to start the green card application as soon as you start working on OPT.

    Note: this is not a legal advice.

    Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.