1 comment

  • Avatar
    Edmundo Daco Jr.

    L-2 spouses can apply for Employment Authorization Document (EAD) as soon as they arrive in the US. It will allow them to do any income-generating work or business while living in the country, whether part-time or full-time or office-based or remotely. To apply for EAD, the L-2 visa holder must file Form I-765 to the USCIS along with other requirements such as copy of form I-94, application fee, two photographs, and biometrics fee plus old EAD in some cases.

    You must wait for the approval of EAD before starting on your job. You can sign-up for SMS or email updates to get notification of the approval. Once it gets approved, you can work in the US for two years and renew the EAD for increments of two years as long as the L-2 visa is still valid.

    Note: This is not a legal advice.

    Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.