1 comment

  • Avatar
    Edmundo Daco Jr.

    Yes, H-4 visa holders can start a business in the US, but only if they have an approved Employment Authorization Document (EAD).  An EAD will not only enable the H-4 visa holders to build any type of business they want, it also allows them to work part-time or full-time for any employer in the US with any type of jobs.

    To qualify for an EAD, the spouse of an H-4 visa holder must have a valid H-1B visa status and, an approved I-140 (Petition for Immigrant Worker) or an extended H-1B visa status beyond the initial 6 years. The H-4 spouse will file Form I-765 to the USCIS, pay the processing fee, and wait for the approval of EAD.

    Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.