1 comment

  • Avatar
    Edmundo Daco Jr.

    Yes, an H-4 visa holder can study PhD while staying in the US because H-4 visa holders are allowed to study in any school or university in the US. Education loans, grants and scholarships are also available to H-4 visa holders to help support their expenses while studying.

    However, many PhD programs in the USrequires part-time work or practical training, which an H-4 visa holder cannot do unless he or she applies for an Employment Authorization Document (EAD). If you are an H-4 visa holder and aiming to complete a full PhD program in the US, make sure to apply beforehand for an EAD. It will also enable you to find part-time employment, which can help you finance your education.

    Note: This is not a legal advice.

    Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.