1 comment

  • Avatar
    Edmundo Daco Jr.

    It depends on what your purpose is when you work in the US. If your intention is to get permanent residence, then H-1B is indeed the better choice for you. H-1B visa has dual intent. It means H-1B visa has a direct path towards being an immigrant worker.  TN visa holders do not have this privilege. They will have to shift to H-1B or L-1 if they want to get a green card.

    Also, if you are not a Canadian or a Mexican, then TN visa is not available for you. This means H-1B visa is definitely a better visa. Another instance when H-1B visa is better is if you intend to bring your spouse to the US and he/she wants to work as well. By having an H-1B visa, you can sponsor your wife for an H-4 visa, which gives her the privilege to apply for Employment Authorization Document. This EAD will allow him/her to work in the US. On the other hand, the spouses of TN visa holders with TD visa are not allowed at all to work in the US.

    Note: This is not a legal advice.

    Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.