1 comment

  • Official comment
    Stilt Team (Edited )

    With Stilt, you can get a loan even without a cosigner. With other lenders, you can't.

    When a lender is looking for a cosigner, they want someone who is a US citizen and probably won't leave the country. H-1B visa holders are not permanent residents or green card holders. The visa is valid only for a period of time and they will have to leave the country if they lose their jobs. That's why most banks don't consider H-1B visa holders as acceptable cosigners.

    The ideal cosigner is someone who has the income, cash flows, credit score, and the capacity to take on additional debt. They would be liable for someone else's loan without any upside for them.

    You can apply for a loan without a cosigner at Stilt. Because we specialize in loans to visa holders and immigrants, we understand how and when can an H-1B visa holder will go back to their home country. They can apply for a loan and use the funds to help you. This means that thousands of people who know someone who's not a US citizen can act as their cosigner. This is huge.

    If you want to learn more about how Stilt can give you a loan with a non-U.S. citizen cosigner, feel free to reach out to us via email at

    About Stilt:

    Stilt provides loans to international students and working professionals in the U.S. (F-1, OPT, H-1B, O-1, L-1, TN visa holders) at rates lower than any other lender. Stilt is committed to helping immigrants build a better financial future.

    We take a holistic underwriting approach to determine your interest rates and make sure you get the lowest rate possible.

    Learn more about us at If you have any questions, send us an email at

Please sign in to leave a comment.