1 comment

  • Avatar
    Stilt Team

    Some people on an H4 visa are allowed to have Employment Authorization Document (EAD) if their H-1B has an approved green card petition. H4 holders can also work if their spouse has an H-1B extension because of the pending green card petition.  Other H4 holders are not allowed to work. What they can do is to get their own working visa (H-1, J-1 or O-1) to be able to work. They can also get a student visa, which is allowed several working hours a week. They can also just wait for their derivative green card from their spouse. You can also ask for an attorney’s advice.

    Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.