1 comment

  • Avatar
    Edmundo Daco Jr.

    Yes, you can apply for an L-1 visa but only if you have been employed for one year by a company for the past three years. This is a major requirement for an L-1 visa. L-1 visas enable international companies with offices in the US to be able to transfer employees in managerial, executive, or positions for specialized knowledge to the US branch.

    If you are an F-1 student, your only chance to be approved is if you have been employed by an international company for the past three years prior to your entry in the US. If not, then you can't apply at all. However, you can apply for other non-immigrant working visas in the US like H-1B visa (if you are about to graduate), O-1, and TN visas, as well as OPT. All of these visas will enable you to find employment in the US. Also note that as an F-1 student, you can work for 20 hours a week for an on-campus employment.

    Note: this is not a legal advice.

    Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.