1 comment

  • Avatar
    Edmundo Daco Jr.

    US citizens  are not the only ones who are allowed to build good credit scores, even US permanent residents, immigrants and non-immigrants. If you are a non-US citizen, you can start building credit the same way as everybody else. One is by getting a secured credit card, because you will not qualify yet for an unsecured credit card. Secured credit cards are easier to get because they require deposits as security. Nevertheless, they will increase your credit score with every use. You can also build a good savings account with a US bank, then apply for an unsecured credit card with the same bank. 

    If you don't have money for deposit, you can instead ask someone you know to allow you to be an authorized user of his/her credit card. By utilizing the credit card, both you and the owner will be able to improve your credit scores. Just make sure to pay for your debts on time. Lastly, you can try and get personal loans from private lenders like STILT, who give out loans to non-US citizens even with limited or no credit. With loans from STILT, you will be able to build a good credit score to be eligible for more loan products in the US.

    Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.