1 comment

  • Avatar
    Edmundo Daco Jr.

    All non-immigrants in valid H-1B visa status can change jobs and have their visa transferred to another employer as long they have not engaged in any unauthorized employment from the beginning of the visa effectivity. The H-1B transfer procedure usually takes 1-2 months (4-8 weeks) to be completed after the application is submitted to the USCIS. Although, it could take longer for some cases. This transfer time differs for every application, which depends on the employment location, the corresponding USCIS visa processing office’s location, and the USCIS office’s processing schedule.

    Remember that H-1B visa holder can start working for the new employer right after the petition is received by the USCIS. There is no need to wait until the transfer permit is issued.

    Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.