1 comment

  • Avatar
    Edmundo Daco Jr.

    The employer or petitioner must file a Form I-129 (Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker to the appropriate USCIS office near the employment location. The form should be filed not less than 45 days, but not more than a year from the employment starting date.

    Along with the Form I-129, the petitioner must also submit other requirements like consultation results, a copy of the written contract, itineraries, and Agent information. Aside from these, petitioners need to submit supporting evidence to prove “extraordinary ability”, like international awards, publications, membership in associations, major contributions, and many more.

    After the O-1 visa petition is approved by the USCIS, the beneficiary must apply at the US embassy or consulate for the visa. After the application is permitted, the O-1 visa holder can initially stay in the U.S.A. for 3 years, which can be extended for a maximum of one year.

    Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.