1 comment

  • Avatar
    Edmundo Daco Jr.

    No, H-1B visa holders are not permitted to do extra jobs like Uber driving. They are not allowed to get any sort employment aside from the one that was indicated in the H-1B visa. They are not allowed to operate their own business as well. If you want to earn extra money while in the US, you can get another H-1B visa by finding another visa sponsor. Multiple H-1B visas are allowed if you need them. Driving Uber will not qualify as a specialty occupation since anyone can do it. Therefore, you must find another employer that wants the same specialty occupation you have now.

    Other than getting another H-1B visa job, you can also invest in the stock market and earn dividends. You can also trade stocks occasionally. You can also make investments in businesses, just make sure not to engage with them in any way other than being an investor.

    Note: This is not a legal advice.

    Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.