Am I allowed to take a mortgage (loan) in USA to pay the mortgage for a house in India?


1 comment

  • Official comment
    Stilt Team

    It is possible to take a loan in the U.S. and use it to pay for housing in India. Although, getting a $100k personal loan might be difficult. Most financial services companies provide loans of up to $50,000 to green card holders or U.S. citizens.

    It is difficult to get a personal loan as an international person on F-1, OPT, H-1B, L-1, O-1, TN visa. Most banks and lending companies see international people as risky who can take money and run away. There are no collections of unpaid balance for this population.

    We at Stilt provide personal loans of up to $25,000 to F-1, OPT, H-1B, L-1, O-1, TN visa holders. You can use this money for downpayment or partial payment of the house. This will help you get the average interest rate lower and when you pay back the loan amount, you are automatically approved for another one. Also note that the interest rates will be for personal loans and not for mortgages as lending companies in the U.S. cannot foreclose your home in India.

    Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.