Which credit card should I get as an international student staying in the US for at least four years?


1 comment

  • Official comment
    Stilt Team

    There a few options for a credit card for international students in the US.

    1. Discover It Chrome Student Card - Discover it Chrome - Student Card | Discover
    2. Discover It Student Card - Discover it for Students Card
    3. Capital One Journey Rewards Card - Journey Student Credit Card | Capital One
    4. Citi Thank You preferred Card - The Citi ThankYou Preferred Card

    These cards will have low limits but can help you get started. You may also be able to get a credit card with the bank where you open your checking account. Since, you they already have money from you, they may be willing to give a small dollar limit credit card.

    The last option is to get a secured credit card where open and account and your credit card is secured by a deposit. Your credit limit will be the same as your deposit. After 6 months - 1 year, you can apply for a credit card with the same bank.

    About Stilt:

    Stilt provides loans to international students and working professionals in the U.S. at rates lower than any other lender. Visit us at https://www.stilt.co. If you have any questions, send us an email at team@stilt.co.

    Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.