Which credit unions allow international students (F1 Visa on OPT) to get a consolidated loan with no cosigner?


1 comment

  • Official comment
    Stilt Team (Edited )

    Most banks and credit unions won’t give you a student loan without a cosigner (U.S. citizen). If you are on your own, your best bet is to get a personal loan. Consolidating or refinancing options for international students are not available because of U.S. regulations. A few credit unions give a personal loan without a co-signer only if you have a long-term visa, a great income, and established an account with that credit union for a few years.

    It doesn't hurt to try various options and if you follow these tips to get a loan without a cosigner, sooner or later you will find an option. But keep in mind that it will take time. Building a good credit history generally takes months or even years before you are eligible for a loan at U.S. citizens focused banks/lenders.

    We are the only company that evaluates comprehensive risk profile of international people on F-1/H-1B/O-1 etc. to give them loans without a cosigner or a collateral. Students and graduates from 250+ universities and 50+ different countries have taken loans to reduce their interest rates, save money, and make their life simple. Some were able to finish their school because we gave them a loan when no one else would. Here’s what they have to say on Facebook.

    About Stilt:

    Stilt provides loans to international students and working professionals in the U.S. (F-1, OPT, H-1B, O-1, L-1, TN visa holders) at rates lower than any other lender. Stilt is committed to helping immigrants build a better financial future.

    We take a holistic underwriting approach to determine your interest rates and make sure you get the lowest rate possible.

    Learn more about us on Wikipedia or visit us at https://www.stilt.co. If you have any questions, send us an email at team@stilt.co.

Please sign in to leave a comment.