1 comment

  • Avatar
    Edmundo Daco Jr.

    Yes, H-4 visa holders work and study at the same time. But they can only work if they have acquired an Employment Authorization Document. Also, EAD is only available for H-4 spouses. The H-4 children can study in any US college or university and depending on how long you have been living in your state, you can qualify for in-state tuition. However, they may not qualify for Federal or State student loans. They may apply for student loans with banks or private lenders.

    The H-4 spouses can study part-time and work on EAD. To qualify for EAD, their H-1B spouses must have pending petition for immigrant worker status or have H-1B status for more than 6 years. The H-4 spouse can submit Form I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization) to the USCIS along with other requirements and wait for the approval. Once the EAD is approved, they can legally earn from employment or business in the US.

    Note: This is not a legal advice.

    Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.