1 comment

  • Avatar
    Edmundo Daco Jr.

    No, TD visa holders are not allowed to get an EAD or OPT. That is because TD visa holders are not allowed to work at all while staying in the US. They can not run any type of business as well, whether physical or online business. The best thing that TD visa holders can do if they really want to work in the US is to get a TN visa of their own. Check the list of the jobs approved by NAFTA for TN visa and see if you qualify for one. If not, you can use your privilege to study in the US to get a degree or relevant knowledge to qualify for a TN job.

    You can also pursue other types of nonimmigrant working visa in the US like H-1B, O-1, or L-1 visas. Another option is to get an F-1 visa so you can work on OPT or CPT full-time while studying, and you can also work part-time on-campus. If you can't get any of these visas, you can try investing in businesses to earn dividends. This passive type of income is allowed just as long as you don't engage yourself with the business in any way. You can also buy stocks, bonds, and funds to earn from them.

    Note: This is not a legal advice.

    Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.