1 comment

  • Avatar
    Edmundo Daco Jr.

    No, O-3 visa holders (both the spouse and children) cannot get Employment Authorization Document (EAD) because they are not permitted to work in the US. Unlike H-4 and L-2 visas, O-3 visa was not given the privilege to get employment via EAD. However, with an O-3 visa, you are permitted to stay in the US for as long as the O-1 or O-2 visa is valid. You can also travel in and out of the US at anytime you want and, you can study for full-time or part-time.

    If you want to get an employment in the US, you can try finding sponsors for other non-immigrant visas in the US like H-1B, TN, O-1, or get an F-1 visa on your own. While waiting for your own visa, you can invest in businesses, stocks or bonds to have a passive source of income. This is allowed for any non-immigrant in the US.

    Note: this is not a legal advice.

    Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.