1 comment

  • Avatar
    Edmundo Daco Jr.

    The spouse and children of an L-1 visa holder can accompany him/her to the US by applying for an L-2 visa. It's validity will be the same as the L-1 visa. L-2 visa holders can study full-time or part-time while staying in the US, and L-2 spouses can apply for Employment Authorization Document (EAD) to be able to work legally in the US. Below are the requirements when applying for an L-2 visa:

    1. Valid Passport

    2. Birth Certificates for the children and marriage certificate for the spouse

    3. Passport-style photos

    4. Completed form DS-160 (Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application)

    5. L-1 visa employment verification letter

    6. Form I-797 of the L-1 visa holder

    An L-2 visa processing usually takes around 30 days. If the applicant is already in the US under a different visa, they may submit form I-539 (Application to change or extend nonimmigrant status). The L-2 visa is valid for as long as the L-1 visa is valid. It can be renewed or extended just like the L-1 visa as well.

    Note: This is not a legal advice.

    Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.