1 comment

  • Avatar
    Edmundo Daco Jr.

    No, not all H-4 visa holders are eligible to apply for Employment Authorization Document and work in the US. Only those H-4 spouses who are recipients of an approved Form I-140 (Immigration Petition for Immigrant Worker) or those whose H-1B spouse have approved extension of their 6 years stay in the US, will be able to receive an EAD card from the USCIS. The said extension should be pursuant to the American Competitiveness in the 21st Century Act (AC-21).

    All H-4 visa holders who met either of the two requirements can apply for an EAD by sending a completed Form I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization) to the USCIS with the required documents and processing fee of $380.

    Note: This is not a legal advice.


    Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.