1 comment

  • Avatar
    Edmundo Daco Jr.

    Yes, L-2 visa holders can work in the US but only if they received an Employment Authorization Document (EAD). L-2 visa holders can not legally work without this document. Once you get an EAD, you will be able to get any type of employment. To apply for an EAD, you must submit form I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization) to the USCIS along with the following requirements:

    1. Form I-94 (Record of Arrival/Departure for Visitors)

    2. L-2 visa stamp

    3. Marriage Certificate

    4. L-1 visa approval and stamp

    5. Letter from L-1 visa employer or 3 recent pay stubs

    Once you submit the application, wait around one to two months for the approval. The EAD is valid for 2 years and can be renewed for increments of 2 years for as long as the L-2 visa is valid.

    Note: This is not a legal advice.


    Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.