1 comment

  • Avatar
    Edmundo Daco Jr.

    One of the advantages of having an L-2 visa in the US is the privilege to apply for Employment Authorization Document (EAD), which gives permission to work in the US. Unlike most of other non-immigrant dependents, L-2 visa holders can have income generating activities by either employment or business through EAD. L-2 visa holders can apply for EAD by submitting Form I-765 to the USCIS, along with other required documents. Processing time is usually up to 90 days from the time of submission.

    Once EAD is issued, L-2 visa holders can work for an initial term of 2 years and may renew with no limit for increments of 2 years, as long as the principal L-1 visa is valid. L-2 visa holders can also study full-time or part-time at any educational level in any US School.

    Note: This is not a legal advice.

    Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.