1 comment

  • Avatar
    Edmundo Daco Jr. (Edited )

    TD visa is given to the spouse and children of TN visa holders. They can stay in the US as long as the TN visa is valid. TN visa holders can study full-time or part-time while in the country. However, they are not allowed to work or be involved in any type of business. They are not entitled to apply for an Employment Authorization Document (EAD).

    Still, TD visa holders can submit job applications, attend interviews, and switch to another non-immigrant working visa like H-1B, TN, O-1, or L-1 visa. You need to make sure that you have the new working visa first before starting to work. If you can't find an employment yet, then you can study to improve your qualifications. You can stay on TD visa, or switch to F-1 visa so you can work part-time on campus or get an OPT or CPT job.

    If you still can't find a job, then you can try investing in businesses and earn dividends. You can also purchase stocks, bonds, and mutual funds and have them as passive sources of income.

    Note: This is not a legal advice.

    Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.