A TD visa allows the spouse and children (under the age of 21) of TN visa holders to stay in the US throughout the validity of the TN visa. The requirements for a TD visa are the following:
1. TD applicants must be able to provide documents, like birth certificate or marriage certificate, showing their relationship to the TN visa holder.
2. Completed DS-160 application form (except for Canadian citizens)
3. Valid passport from each family members.
4. A copy of the I-94 record of the TN visa holder.
5. Proof of TN visa holder's employment, like a letter from the employer or recent paystubs.
6. Receipt of payment for TD application fee.
Applicants are not required to have a Canadian or Mexican citizenship in order to qualify for a TD visa. Canadian applicants can apply for TD visas at the port of entry to the US. Mexicans and other nationalities will have to submit their documents to a local Application Support Center, then attend an interview and have their visas stamped at the nearest US Consulate/Embassy. If the applicants are already in the US, they can just apply for a change of status by submitting form I-539.
Note: This is not a legal advice.
Please sign in to leave a comment.